Jun 10, 2023
Why a vegetarian diet is the best for you...
Top 8 reasons...
People who eat plant-based foods and animals by-products are generally called vegetarians. Today we live in a diversified world, where people are subcategorized into vegans, lacto, ovo, pollotarian andpescatarian. Wikipedia states, "vegetarianism is the system of abstaining from the consumption of meat (red meat, poultry, seafood, and the flesh of any other animal), and may also include abstention from by-products of animal slaughter".
Vegetarians are there around the world, though there are various reasons for the ethical motivation, religious beliefs, healthproblems, political, environmental, cultural, aesthetic, economic, or individual choice. There are different views on food choice, which completely depends on people choice.
With less or no technical information, surveys and statistics, here in this blog let us see why a vegetarian diet is the best diet for all.
- The vegetarian diet is naturally lower in saturated fat and cholesterol and has a higher intake of plant-based nutrients. Did you know? Vegetarians have been shown to have a 25% lower chance of getting heart disease.
- Consuming a diet of vegetables, fruits and nuts on regular basis reduce the chance of getting cancer. It is obvious vegetarians have a lower rate of cancer than the rest of the population.
- Among vegetarians, the benefit of lower body mass index is very common. This is because the amount of body fat consumed by vegetarians is comparatively less. In recent times a trend for vegetarians makes them also consume processed or packaged food a lot. Without following this trend, people tend to be in a far safer mode.
- With no regard to age group, more than 68% of the general population from developed nations are obese in both men and women. This is an alarming rate due to the higher risk of getting more terminal illnesses in future. While on the other hand, a vegetarian diet slows down the ageing process and lives longer.
- Plant based diet are highly rich in fiber, phytonutrients, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, which strengthens the immune system and reduces the organs ageing time. Besides a vegetarian diet can prevent and reverse certain chronic diseases too.
- Most flesh foods can withhold contaminants such as induced hormones, herbicides, pesticides, preservatives and antibiotics. These toxins are all fat-soluble which gets settled on the fatty flesh of the animals. Also the presence of different viruses, bacterium and parasites such as salmonella, trichinella and other worms, and toxoplasmosis parasites.
- Vegetarian food is generally tasty, healthy, and easily available around the world. If you are a foodie, who wishes to try out variety of foods without much stress on calories. Then vegetarianism offers a variety of dishes to be explored.
- Across the globe there are vegetarians. There are traditional vegetarian dishes served in different cultures. Majority of which are still made with plant based ingredients.
Experience the assorted, colourful and delicious world of vegetarian cuisine. Every year first of October is celebrated as “World vegetarian day” to create increased awareness about vegetarianism.World Vegetarian Day starts in October as Vegetarian Awareness Month and ends on the first of November. It is also known as "Reverence for Life" month, "Month of Vegetarian Food", and more. Also there are several vegetarian festivals organised to create awareness on vegetarian diet.
When we speak about vegetarianism, there may be people who worry on nutrition requirement for the day. Let me clarify this myth first, there are several culture all around the world. In which people consume vegetarian foods only, even during pregnancy, illness and other reasons as well. Hence it is safe and nutrition rich option too for all ages.