Oct 19, 2021
Healthy Aloo Paratha – Indian Potato and Green Peas stuffed flat bread
Indian food and its health value
Indian food is highly appreciated for the nutritional value and spice pallet. The spices used in India have been followed by many nations however the method and measurement creates a biggest magic.
India with its unique spice sense let its wings of taste treating with a burst of differences across the mouth.
Aloo Paratha – an Overview
India’s one of the most favorite dish that would have made record breaking rush in every corner of the country is “Aloo Paratha”. Potato - a most loved vegetable can bring in a nice twist of suspense in a slim layer of bread that melts in mouth like butter. The buttery top, spicy center and crispy crust challenges your taste buds to savor it more.
The mildly flavored yet delicious flat bread that has all goodness of boiled potato, green peas, Indian spices, herbs right in blend of whole wheat layer can make you fall in love with it in the very first bite.
Aloo Paratha is usually served with melting white butter toping, sided with spicy pickle or raitha or spicy gravy. There is variety of parathas served in north Indian households out of which aloo paratha is most common and adored by all ages.
Let us start cooking
- In a Tri Ply Tasra, add 2 cups of whole wheat flour, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1 tsp of butter and mix it in dry.
- 2. Once the mixture is ready, sprinkle water slowly and kneads it well until really soft and pliable. Now cover and keep it aside for 30 mins resting.
- 3. Now for rich stuffing: Add finger smashed boiled potato (2 nos) leave few small pieces aside to bite it in between and mash ¼ cup of boiled green peas.
- Keep Tri Ply kadai in low flame, add a 2 tsp. of oil once oil is heated, and add jeera seeds, onion. After frying onion for 2 minutes add 3/4 tsp. garam masala, 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder, 3/4 tsp. coriander powder, 1/2 tsp. chaat masala, 3/4 tsp. ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tsp. salt, 4 tsp. of finely chopped coriander, curry leaves. 1 tsp. lemon juice (Optional), Mashed potato, mashed green peas 1 tsp. unsalted butter and mix all ingredients well. Check and update spice and salt accordingly. And bring it to room temperature.
- Make the ball from the dough kneaded and divide it in 8 equal portions.
- Take ball make it a cup shape and fill this cup with potato stuffing, fold the cup and seal it gently using fingers.
- Make sure to seal the cup properly in all sides and make it a ball shaped again.
- Dust the roll pin with some flour, now roll the sealed ball in a fine round shape(Around 6 – 7 inches). Not too thick or too thin.
- Make sure the rolled piece is stuffed properly and no excessive potato is getting escaped from the paratha.
- Next, heat up the tri ply tawa and grease it with oil. Once the tawa is heated add the rolled Aloo Paratha and reduce the flame.
- Leave it for few minutes until the paratha leave bubbles, and flip it to other side. Now drop some butter and grease it in both the sides.
- And gently pat the paratha with spatula on both the sides. Once the paratha gets a golden brown spots. Take out from the Tri ply Tawa and place it in a plate.
Best way to eat it
Always serve hot hot Aloo Paratha with a spoon of unsalted butter on top along with the raitha /green chilli / mango pickle / lemon pickle / cauliflower gravy / paneer gravy of your choice.
Why Aloo Paratha for you?
- Aloo paratha is a wonderful meal that fits for any meal of the day. Suitable for all age group.
- We used whole wheat so even people who are in diet can try it.
- Using only vegetables like potato, green peas doesn’t add much calories to your diet.
- Along with raitha, paratha tastes better and adds probiotic values too.
- Spices and butter in aloo paratha can be adjusted according to your choice, hence it is safe and fit for all.
Try out our aloo paratha recipe today and take a picture of your special moment with it to us now.
Let the world know your latest cooking venture with Maxima’s Stainless Steel Cookware now. Share your experience in our social media Page & do follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest or Twitter for latest updates.